Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer Dessert

I love to bake. Even if I don't need to. There's something about making desserts that I really enjoy. I'm going to try to do a few posts with some recipes for "summer" desserts. Here's the first:




Dreamsicle Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box orange Jell-o
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. orange extract

Mix all ingredients together. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour into 2 round greased and floured pans. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Allow cakes to cool.

Filling and Frosting:
8 oz Cool Whip
8 oz Sour Cream
Sugar (about 1 1/2 cups)
Vanilla (about 1 1/2 tsp)

Mix Sour Cream and Cool Whip together. Add sugar and vanilla to taste.

Spread Frosting on the top of one cake, layer and then frost entire outside.
Garnish with oranges if desired.

2 comments:

Shealy said...

That cake is sooooo good! I want some right now!

Finch Family said...

Looks yummy!