Despite the fact that it rained every day, we had a great time at the beach last week! Drew's parents rented a house in Seagrove and it was so nice. Everyone had their own bedroom and bathroom and we had a wonderful view of the beach. I spent enough time sitting on the beach that I read like 8 books. (I'm a pretty fast reader!)
Monday it rained so much that we gave up trying to sit outside and went into Destin. We shopped, ate out and went to the movies. We saw The Proposal and it was hilarious! The plot was predictable, like most romantic comedies, but I would definitely go see it again!
Drew was not able to come down until Thursday because of work. His parents arranged for us to stay at his grandparent's condo again so he could have a few days at the beach. Drew's grandparents have a condo at Seacove. For years, G-Daddy (Drew's grandfather) has told me you won't find a better piece of property anywhere on this beach. I would say that I have to agree. While Seacove is across the street from the beach, there is a private beach entrance and it is NEVER crowded. There are two pools, plus a huge grassy area with a swingset.
On the 4th of July, we ate dinner at Seacove with the rest of the family plus half of Opp. Over the years, many families from Opp have taken to renting at Seacove for the week of the fourth. Drew's grandparents and another couple always, and I mean always, cook for the people they know. It's good food too! After food, the kids (and dads) played a pickup game of baseball in the backyard. They had a good time waiting on the fireworks.

No comments:
Post a Comment