Monday, August 15, 2011

Eight Months Old

What a month it has been!  I say this every month, but I cannot believe that we have an eight month old!  We are not getting off to the best start at being eight months old.  Parker got a runny nose late last week, which turned into congestion, cough and fever on Saturday.  After a visit to the after hours clinic.... we now know that she has her first ear infection :(... YUCK!  She was absolutely pitiful on Saturday.  I got lots of extra cuddles. 

Now for some more positive things about eight months:

* Parks weighed 17 pounds at the doctor on Saturday!
* Parker is SO close to crawling.  She can get up on all fours from her stomach, or from a sitting position.  She rocks, and might crawl one or two "crawls" before falling.  She still goes backwards, and has even been trying the army crawl lately too!
* Parker pulls up to her knees on her toy basket or anything she can reach.  She is working on pushing herself into the sitting position from her stomach and is getting pretty good at it.

* We added lunch to Parker's eating schedule this month.  She just eats and eats and eats.  There are only two foods that Parker just will not eat: chicken and apples and garden vegetables.  I can't say I blame her on either one of them.
* Parker absolutely loves her puffs and yogurt bites now.  We're still on sweet potato puffs, but we have some banana in the pantry to try out.  She really likes the strawberry and peach yogurt bites.  She is doing a really good job at feeding them to herself.  Drew and I have gotten lots of laughs though.

* She is wearing 6-9 month in all of her knit things (sleepers, onsies, clothes, etc) but her most of her 3-6 month smocked and dressier outfits still fit.  (On a side note, tell me why I put her in something smocked for school and she comes home nasty, but put her in a knit outfit and she comes home without a drop on her?!)
* Parker is now saying "mama", "dada", "bye bye" and all sorts of combinations of those sounds.  She squeals all the time.  Her teachers told me that she screams "mama" when she gets upset or frustrated at school.

* She is napping okay at school, for which I am relieved.  Some days, she is taking a third catnap when she gets home to make it to bedtime.
* Parker still loves her bath.  She would stay in the tub forever if the water would stay warm!

No comments: