I can hardly believe that sweet Parker is twenty months old! She is growing like a weed and surprising us every day with what she knows (or picks up on!).
* Parker has started "counting". I count things for her a lot. One day, I was trying to get her attention and said "One" and she turned around, looked at me and said "two" (and held up 1 finger). I was shocked but so proud. (We are working on the finger thing...)
* We have foam bathtub letters and rather than have all 26 letters plus 10 numbers I pulled out the letters in her name and 1, 2, 3. We spell her name on the tub and talk about the letters and also count 1, 2, 3. The other night she pointed to a letter and said "p" (wrong letter, but great concept!). Another proud mommy moment.
* Parker is LOVING books right now. I bought a copy of Eight Silly Monkeys and board book copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar to take with us on the plane. We have read both of those books so many times! She will occasionally pull out a different book, but her Monkey book is a favorite right now.
* We still love to sing and dance. We sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, Patty Cake, If You're Happy and You Know It, The Wheels on the Bus, and Five Little Monkeys. Her hand motions are hilarious, and if she wants to sing a certain song she will do one of the motions from that song (For example, if she wants to sing Five Little Monkeys she pats her head).
* Parker is becoming more and more comfortable with Bentley. He has been much calmer around her lately, too. It is nice to be able to leave her outside with Drew and Bentley and come inside to cook, switch laundry, etc. She has even started petting his back. She definitely loves the dog.
* Parker was supposed to start a new class at school next week, but Drew called Monday after her picked her up and they had to move her up a week early. Too many babies came in Monday as teachers went back to work so she moved on up. (I'm still going to count next Monday as her official "first day" because her cute dress was not hemmed for her to wear even on Tuesday.) She has done GREAT this week being in the new room. She has napped well, eaten well and played hard. We loved her old teachers, and they certainly loved her, but it was time for us to move on. Parker was bored in the baby room....




No comments:
Post a Comment