Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kindergarteners + Valentine's Day = CRAZINESS!
I wish I had the time to have taken pictures yesterday. The outfits some of the kids were wearing! We celebrated Valentine's day, of course, however some parents thought their children were going out on the town! One little girl said she bought her dress at Hot Topic on Thursday night! (It was definitely supposed to be a shirt for a MUCH older girl.)
Anyway, we spent the week decorating shoe boxes with hearts, glitter and glue so that each child had somewhere to keep their Valentine's. My sweet room moms had helped to plan an ice cream sundae party for the afternoon. I walked in the door yesterday morning to 19 very excited 5 and 6 year olds, a basket FULL of bags filled with cards and treats for each child to pass out, children telling me what their parents were bringing and what time they were coming... you get the picture.
After several little ones had emotional breakdowns, we got all of the Valentine cards passed out, only to have a parent bring in MORE things.
Right after lunch, we were ready to have our ice cream sundaes. I was shocked at how little some of the kids put on their ice cream! They had a huge choice of toppings, and some of them sat down with just plain vanilla. The sugar sure didn't take long to kick in. After a quick break for playing outside I sent them home sugared up with a box full of candy for Mom & Dad to enjoy for the weekend!

1 comment:

kpmantooth said...

This makes me laugh as I experienced the ice cream party in Porter's room. The kids were really good...and the mommies enjoyed extra ice cream.