Sunday, September 19, 2010

Built with Love

When we started talking about the nursery and what furniture we wanted in there, I mentioned a bookshelf to go on a small wall inside the door.
Drew's dad is good at building things like that, so I said something about asking him if I couldn't find one in the store that I liked. I knew what I wanted, it was a matter of it being out there. Drew asked if he could try to build it first. Of course, I agreed and last week he set out to build Miss Parker a bookshelf.
We went to Lowe's and Home Depot to buy the wood. My one (ha!) request was that it have a bead board backing to it. We found a piece that he could trim down to fit and bought wood, nails, screws, etc.

He was really hoping to get it all done in one day, but some stuff came up and that didn't happen. So this week on his off days, he turned the garage back into a work/paint zone and finished up the bookshelf.
We moved it into the nursery this week.... and I think that it is perfect!
Now, to get the rest of the nursery finished...