* Parker's vocabulary has absolutely blossomed in the last month! She talks ALL the time. We were in Scottsboro this weekend, and she came home saying yellow (lo), block (bock), big (bi), car (ca). I'm amazed at how much she takes in.
* She does amazingly well following instructions (when she wants to!). She will "get her chair ready" for dinner by pulling the straps back. She will put up dishes or laundry. She will sometimes help clean up her toys. We have been to Academy a few times to get things for Bentley and let her walk and she has done really well staying with us, holding our hands and just following our directions!
* Parker has to check on Bentley first thing in the morning and knocks on the window until he comes and she can see him. She also says "bye bye" to him at night before going to bed. It's pretty sweet. But she is still not sure about petting him. She likes him the best through the glass.
* We have started taking Parker and Bentley for walks after dinner when it's not too hot or rainy. She does not let him out of her sight. She almost stands up in the stroller if Bentley and Drew get too far behind us.
* Parker just cut her fourth and final one-year molar. The other three came in at the same time, but let me tell you this one wreaked more havoc on our little one than the other three.
* We had to buy a new pair of shoes today. When I bought her sandals in April, I bought a size bigger than what she needed at the time and we have outgrown those already!
* Speaking of shoes, Parker is a bit obsessed with shoes these days. If there is a pair of shoes around that are not on someone's feet, she will put them on and wear them. It is hilarious to see her trying to walk in Drew's big flip flops!
* Parker loves singing and dancing. She loves the Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You're Happy and You Know It. She will dance to just about anything that has a beat. In fact, when we were on our way to Scottsboro last Friday she was asleep in the car. I got stuck at a red light and she kind of woke up. I looked in the mirror and she was dancing. I thought "great, not a good nap, at all". As soon as I started driving again she was back out!



No comments:
Post a Comment